Empowerment and Employment (Youth E & E)
Youth Media Project
Education 4 All
Unemployment amongst young people in Liberia is a budding nightmare that continues to undermine their growth potential as well as their successful transition to adulthood. It is also a major conduit to persistent and rising instability on the entire continent of Africa, most especially, in Liberia; with specific reference to the youth unemployment being much higher in urban areas than in rural areas. This is simply because unemployed rural youth often assume that work opportunities are better in big cities like Monrovia, and many flock to urban areas where their qualifications and experience may be inadequate to meet labor market needs.
The cry of young people is everyone’s cry.
The Youth Employment and Empowerment program was created to foster an atmosphere of educational development, and provide employment opportunities for the young people of Liberia.
Our mission is to provide young people with first time structured jobs that teach positive working skills and habits which will serve them throughout life; providing opportunities they need in order for them to succeed in school, work and in the community; in partnership with various governmental agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), International NGOs to provide for these young people with the opportunity to participate in an internship that so significantly need.
Our Youth Employment and Empowerment provides the following opportunities:
- Interview Skills
- Job Placement & Follow-up
- Skills Assessment
- job readiness/soft skills training (including job search skills and workplace norms)
- career planning including developing individualized plans for addressing barriers and achieving employment goals (individualized employment plans)
- job training (teaching skills for specific jobs, including skills training
- job development/placement including placement in temporary jobs
- Career Counseling
- entrepreneurship training for youth business entrepreneurs